Sledgehammer Games have updated their Advanced Warfare blog explaining what to expect in terms of fixes and later confirmed the system they are using regarding dedicated servers for online multiplayer.
Here are some fixes you can expect in the game soon:
- Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
- Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
- Fix for weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
- Connectivity optimizations.
- Fix for stats accumulating towards leaderboards after prestiging.
- Adjustment to challenges to unlock Camos for weapons.
- Fix for round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
- Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
Due to the high volume of messages regarding dedicated servers, Activision also released this statement:
Advanced Warfare employs game servers hosted at data centers globally on all platforms and listen servers as part of our proprietary matchmaking system. Our goal is to ensure the best possible connection and greatest gameplay experience regardless of location and time of day.
In simple terms they use a hybrid system between both dedicated servers and listen servers.
Just to give you some peace of mind regarding lag, here’s a tweet from Glen Schofield earlier today:
The full weight of Activision is on the issues. We hear you loud and clear and we want everybody to know we are on top of it.
— Glen Schofield (@GlenSchofield) November 7, 2014
Comment below with any issues you’re experiencing.
1 of 1